Back to bits

b100

* Miscellaneous

Removed option to save as a GCA4 character file, since there are too many features within characters that have no way to downgrade gracefully to something supported by GCA4.

Fixed a bug where trying to Copy Modifiers when the traits had no modifiers would result in a crash message.

Noticed that somewhere along the line, the skill types for skills and spells had been lost from the display in the character lists. Rather than build it into the default DisplayName of the trait, I added a column for it in the character lists.

Updated the character trait lists in Unified and Classic Views to better respond/resize when an item is being word-wrapped, and its length changes (such as when adding or removing modifiers).

Now post a little message in the Info pane on startup about beta testing.

* Updater

I have updated the Updater within GCA, and the corresponding tools used for updates. This should allow for updating all the system files that don’t require an actual installer. The process used for library updates no longer works as it did, but the new system should fully encapsulate it, as well as adding the needed support for updating other things.

The ‘updates available’ notice should be a bit smarter in how it compiles the message to the user, and now actually supports using RTF messages as originally intended.

Added support for some additional stuff in the Updater code, which helps me in testing but may not ever be needed otherwise: update info xml files can be in a secure area; can have different update channels (currently compiled into GCA, so it supports only a single specific channel in a released build).

Modified things so that the code for accessing/using the login dialog was a bit more reusable, so I could reuse it.

Added the ability to include commands in the Updater information, to run before and/or after the general files are copied. No actual commands have been defined yet, however.

Fixed a bug in comparing version info.

* Pasting

Some of the work done previously to catch and correct for lost parent or child items resulted in the system losing its ability to paste traits that had parent-child relationships; the relationships would be removed, because all parents and children would have unmatching keys at various points in the process, before GCA had a chance to fix up all the references. I have addressed this issue, so that such traits should now insert correctly again.

I have added a snippet of code to allow for some unrelated garbage text before the opening XML tags when pasting XML into GCA. This should add a bit of robustness when pasting into GCA traits copied from elsewhere, such as a forum post, when the cutting of the XML wasn’t precise and some other text was included.

* Controls and Plugins

Since my development environment was rebuilt after my crash, my third-party controls and various other files were updated or otherwise different from the ones used before. As a result, my plug-ins have been rebuilt, and yours may need to be as well. (Plugins that are compiled by GCA on startup should be just fine.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This blog is kept spam free by WP-SpamFree.