This year was basically a failure. I got very little of what I wanted to get done, actually done.
Every time I thought I was getting back to work on GCA, life kicked sand in my face. Work has been stalled for months, and the multiple times I dove back in to get back to it, I was quickly pulled right back out again.
I’m sorry about that, I really am. I did not foresee this kind of downtime.
I’m really hoping I can turn this around next year.
My current plan, once I get some traction again, is to roll back the UI stuff for the last big thing I was doing. I think it’s cool, but it’s not required, and the UI takes a lot of work to make it properly useful for people. The internal stuff is there, and appears to work, so I’ll leave that there for the future; maybe sheets can make use of it as an option for organizing certain outputs.
Anyway, once that’s rolled back, I’ll return to my previous plan: finish, fix, and polish; get everything that is already there ready for public consumption. Then we’ll see what we might do about a larger scale beta to shake things down properly.